Payments Partnerships Manager
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Payment Partnerships Manager, Card Networks
Adyen is looking for a Payment Partnerships Manager who will advance Adyen’s strategy and agenda with card network partners (e.g. Visa, JCB, Mastercard, etc.) in Japan. In this role, you will manage Adyen’s strategic payment partnerships and use your influence and tenacity to build strong inroads across the card network organization. You’ll work closely with a number of cross-functional teams (Product, Account Management, Finance, Compliance, etc.) to accomplish the goal of building strategic, successful relationships with these partners. You will also be the card payments subject matter expert within the Japan office.
This role requires a blend of skills including; knowledge of card payment products, coordinate critical operations and financial performance, stakeholder engagement, project management, business development and go-to-market strategy, and an overall desire to be an accelerator for our business. This is a full-time position based in our Tokyo office reporting into our Payment Partnerships Lead for Card Networks who is based in Singapore.
What you’ll do
- Act as the single point-of-contact for payment partners, taking full ownership internally as well as externally. Manage all aspects of the partnership including prioritization of key focus areas, evaluation of new initiatives, and ongoing partner management.
- Define and execute on a comprehensive and proactive partnership strategy for a portfolio of critical card network partners.
- Closely collaborate cross-functional with various teams (product, data, compliance, scheme operations, risk, account management, etc) to achieve higher levels of performance across core payment processes.
- Elevate Adyen’s influence and positioning by creating business development opportunities, co-marketing initiatives and facilitating joint product development.
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organisation to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge on technical and commercial features
- Negotiate with the partner on buy-rates and advantages for Adyen
Who you are
- An experienced payments professional with 5+ years of experience at Japanese payments or financial services institutions (banks, card networks, fintechs, acquirers, etc)
- A team player who can build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders cross functionally (e.g. with product, account management, marketing and operations) and across all organizational levels;
- A global team player: ability to work with a global, multicultural team
- A critical thinker that can make data-driven decisions, sets goals and drives success across the organization while also embracing a ‘hands on’ mentality.
- Someone who understands enough product to help product make technical judgement.
- Capable of directing and coordinating escalations that involve business critical processes.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner, taking a ‘launch fast and iterate’ approach in tackling problems;
- Self-starter who can operate comfortably and independently
- Native or fluent in Japanese and can speak English to a business level
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based in our Tokyo office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.