Senior Product Manager, Issuing Payment Processing
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior Product Manager, Issuing Payments Processing
Our Issuing product is one of the cornerstones of Adyen's embedded finance solution. Together with other financial products (Capital, Payout and Accounts), Issuing key to service our (platform) customers better while we diversify and grow our Adyen product offering.
Our aim with Issuing is to offer the best and most convenient way for our customers to create their own branded cards (both physical or virtual).
Our product is relatively new and is scaling rapidly. This means we need to excel on all aspects of bringing customers onboard from integrating to the Adyen platform, risk management and compliance, cards management, processing payments and reporting.
You'll become part of the issuing product team which owns all parts of the issuing offering. Your area of ownership will be payment processing.
What you’ll do
- Manage the core of our issuing product: payment processing. You’ll oversee the payment lifecycle end to end, from connections with the networks, authorisations, captures, refunds, reconciliation, invoicing etc
- Work closely together with the schemes (Visa & Mastercard)
- Lead a product squad, define its vision and deliver on its strategy, working together with engineers, data analysts and other stakeholders to drive execution
- Determine the right prioritization using mostly qualitative (and to some degree quantitative) insights
- Identify ongoing scalability and operational improvements to set the product up for success in this high growth industry
- Establish metrics, processes, and dashboards for monitoring and evaluation of the success of new and existing functionality
- Actively engage in commercial conversation with our (issuing) customers to educate on best practices and gather feedback to further strengthen our proposition
- To be successful, you will need to bridge technical and business worlds
What you’ll do
- 5+ years of experience working as a product manager
- Deep understanding of payment processing & working together with Visa & Mastercard (preferably experience on the issuing side; acquiring experience can also suffice)
- Proven track record of delivering impact in payments
- Working directly together with engineering, operations or other stakeholders
- Ability to learn new technical topics quickly and communicate with engineering teams to make the right choice
- Excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, navigate ambiguity and balance competing demands and limited resources
- Great people and communication skills in an international environment
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.