Regulatory Affairs Specialist
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Regulatory Affair Specialist
Our fast-paced Regulatory team is looking for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our team in Tokyo, Japan.. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, finance and sales and provide pragmatic advice and guidance from regulators and industry associations in a timely manner. This position will report to the Regulatory Lead in Tokyo.
What you’ll do
- Translate a variety of regulatory documents from internal/external stakeholders such as regulators or industry associations
- Notify and advise relevant stakeholders on proposed changes to law, policy or other regulatory developments which may impact Adyen’s business in Japan
- Manage regulatory reports and filings
- Assist in corporate secretarial matters and provide administrative support for board meetings and external meetings
- Assist and support internal and external teams in all regulatory matters
Who you are
- You are fully proficient in English and Japanese.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in a regulatory, legal or compliance department or within a global institution.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey matters clearly and synthesize complex issues in both English and Japanese.
- You have some working knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry.
- You have good time-management skills.
- You will have solid interpersonal and communications skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures.
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
- You reside in Japan.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Tokyo office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.