Global Head of Product Partnerships
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Global Head of Product Partnerships
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to lead our Product Partnerships.
The Product Partnerships Team is responsible for developing, deploying, and managing partnerships which enrich our products and strengthen our go-to-market motions to ensure all merchants have the best possible payments experience when selecting Adyen.
Our partner ecosystem spans different sales channels and industries. The partnership team works on point of sale, ecommerce, mobile, subscription platforms, and more. We work in different verticals including, but not limited to: retail, hospitality, and food & beverage. Some examples of our partners are: Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, and beyond.
You will be responsible for the growth of our overall strategic relationships with top technology platforms, and the quality of our implementations within those technology platforms. Your scope will be global, with a primary focus on technology partners based in North America, Europe, and Latin America. As we expand our technology partners in other regions, this will naturally fall under your leadership. You will lead a global team who serve as hybrid product managers, internal strategists and partner managers for their technology partners, and have the mindset of being enablers for our product.
Through your efforts, you will elevate and reinforce Adyen’s status as a top-tier partner, and maintain strategic relationships with senior product and business leaders at technology partners. You will help them understand and deploy the Adyen value proposition and the journeys which will benefit our joint merchant customers. This nurturing will unlock opportunities for Adyen to continue differentiation in the market and set the pace for innovation, which benefits merchants.
You will collaborate internally with key product and commercial leaders to support product / platform growth through effective partner planning. Your partner plans would include joint roadmaps, defined strategic initiatives, product explorations, and more. You are comfortable working as part of a global team, encouraging effective collaboration, and engaging with executives at all levels both internally and within the payments ecosystem.
What you’ll do
- Define a strategy & approach for Product Partnerships to support our objectives and the needs of our merchants.
- Own the performance of Product Partnerships globally, including strategic thought leadership, with direct oversight of agreement execution and partner management for global partners.
- Actively collaborate with Commercial Partnerships, Product, and Pillar leaders to continually refine a bold vision for the future and what’s necessary to get there.
- Align your team’s focus on strategy and highest impact opportunities, including setting and delivering on solution-level goals
- Make forward-thinking business decisions which support the broader product and commercial teams.
- Serve as an executive stakeholder, providing strategic & consultative advice to influence the payments strategy of partners.
- Source the right partners to help our merchants better serve their client base, or to open up new markets and sectors.
- Motivate and coach team members, and encourage creativity and autonomy.
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture.
- Lead team through a combination of direct and indirect management responsibilities.
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills.
Who you are
- An experienced product partnerships leader with experience building and managing relationships with external senior product and technical leaders, with a strong ability to deliver results.
- Deep understanding of the payments landscape, with the ability to not only interpret but to help define emerging trends.
- Proven leadership experience, ideally across multiple offices.
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong management skills and technical understanding.
- 12+ years experience, including managing global teams, building executive level enterprise relationships.
- API-driven product/platform partnership experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Based in any major Adyen office globally, with a preference for Chicago, Amsterdam or San Francisco
- Full-time position.
- International travel required.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.