Team Lead Product Partnerships, Onboarding and Compliance
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead Product Partnerships, Onboarding and Compliance.
This role is pivotal to Adyen’s global strategy and will require dynamic leadership in a rapidly evolving payments landscape. As the Team Lead, you will be tasked with driving strategic relationships together with several types of partners: Identification & Verification (ID&V), Bank & Tax Verification, Company Verification, Screening, Open Banking, and others.
While your focus will be global, you will need to balance the unique needs of North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia Pacific regions. This will require close collaboration with Compliance, Operations and Product teams who serve as subject matter experts, internal strategists, and other internal stakeholders.
The Team Lead will report to the Vice-President of Product for Onboarding & Compliance and will be responsible for mentoring and guiding a team in driving the development of new initiatives, managing key partnerships, surveying the market and setting strategic goals.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee a comprehensive partnership strategy for Onboarding & Compliance globally
- Collaborate with regional heads and team members to prioritise key areas, structure new initiatives, assess marketing opportunities and competitive landscape, and manage ongoing partnerships
- Drive Adyen’s influence and positioning through joint product development
- Develop and execute programs that align with Adyen’s strategic goals and positioning in key markets and segments
- Communicate global trends, rules, and regulations with internal stakeholders
- Guide your team in the development of new products partnering with the product managers
- Oversee escalations and ensure resolutions with the right internal and external teams
- Work with global peers to review regulatory updates, share perspectives, and seek clarity
Who you are:
- 3-5+ years of related experience in partnership and team management. Bonus points for compliance domain experience (KYC, AML, FinCrime, Onboarding, and others), and for International experience
- Experience in building and managing relationships with external senior business leaders and across partner organisations
- Proficient in understanding the FinTech landscape, with the skills to comprehend and interpret emerging trends
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and an experienced presenter
- Adept at managing a team and fostering a collaborative environment
- Comfortable and self-sufficient operating within a complex global environment
Please note that this role is a full-time position in . It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.