Legal Compliance Officer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Legal Compliance Officer
Our fast-paced Regulatory team is looking for a Legal / Compliance Officer. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, product, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth. This position will report to the Regulatory Lead in Tokyo.
What you’ll do
- Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on general legal, compliance and regulatory risks
- Draft and negotiate various Adyen agreements with partners and merchants
- Draft and negotiate various outsourcing agreements with third parties
- Conduct compliance monitoring to the relevant teams and report to the team leads
- Prepare and maintain corporate secretarial records for Japan including Commercial Registry records
- Assist and guidance other matters in Regulatory Legal Team
Who you are
- You are fully proficient in English and Japanese.
- You have at least 3 years of post qualified experience in a regulatory role, legal or compliance department or within a global institution.
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth.
- You will have solid interpersonal and communication skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures.
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
- You reside in Japan.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Tokyo office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.