Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Site Reliability Engineer
We provide our merchants a single platform, capable of meeting the rapidly evolving needs of today's fast-growing global businesses. To meet the high expectations of our merchants, Adyen has adopted and embedded principles from the Site Reliability Engineering discipline, offering an environment whereby intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness are key drivers for success.
As Site Reliability Engineers we are responsible for the stability and reliability of our financial technology platform.
Our mission is to enable engineering teams to run their products reliably and we operate under the following three principles which we use as guidelines in our day to day work:
- We embrace calculated risk
- We use SLOs to drive platform stability and innovation
- We eliminate toil through automation
It is a technical position for which we are in need of experienced engineers to help the rest of the engineering organization design, implement, maintain, scale and troubleshoot our platform.
Who you are
- Strong familiarity with SRE practices and methodologies such as defining SLOs, change management processes and incident response;
- Automation is at the core of your way of working;
- You enjoy troubleshooting and you always want to get to the root cause of the problem;
- You embrace calculated risk and failures;
- You see other engineering teams as your clients and you want to ensure they are confident in building, operating and maintaining reliable services;
- Have experience with building, operating and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems spanning multiple data centers across the globe;
- Strong software engineering foundation ranging from networking and infrastructure to services and databases;
- Have a mindset for building sustainable, scalable and resilient long-term solutions;
- Skilled in one or more programming or scripting languages such as Python, Java or bash;
- Have a good understanding of Infrastructure as Code and experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible;
What you’ll do
- Keep enabling the other teams by designing and implementing solutions that improve the reliability and performance of our systems and services;
- Work on the automation and scalability of existing components of the platform;
- Be involved in key architectural decisions that determine the future of our platform;
- Troubleshoot and investigate complex technical issues, being involved from discovery to post-mortem;
- Together with the team lead the way in continuously improving our incident management and on-call processes
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.