Team Lead - Technical Writing
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead Technical Writing (Docs Content)
Our technical writers create and maintain Adyen’s external documentation and API Explorer for developers that integrate with our platform. Our team documents new features and aligns existing flows so that the use of Adyen’s extensive portfolio is as easy as possible.
What you’ll do
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture.
- Lead, plan, align documentation initiatives and content projects with different teams and functions.
- Review technical documentation for our external developer audience. You will lead technical writers who write documentation for SDKs and APIs, including references, and conceptual and integration guides.
- Support content design and layout.
- Think of concepts and solutions to automate and optimize our docs.
Who you are
- You have experience with leading teams, including people management (coaching/hiring/appraisal/compensation).
- You are innovative, love dealing with uncertainty, have strong problem-solving capabilities and enjoy establishing lean processes and procedures.
- You have extensive experience in writing user-centric documentation for UI components, SDKs, and APIs.
- You are proficient in using Git and working with a docs-as-code workflow.
- Experience developing with programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, or others is a plus.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.