Team Lead Compliance Data
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
What you’ll do
- Team lead: Lead a team of data analysts responsible for compliance data reporting and KYC health monitoring. Build on the vision and goals of the Compliance Data team and share monitoring developments with relevant operational teams.
- Product management and data analytics: Work with compliance, development teams, operational teams. Develop a deep understanding of Adyen’s systems and architecture to understand how to build connections between databases and the big data platform to extend the scope of compliance monitoring.
- Compliance Data: You will focus on the following areas; sanction/PEP and adverse media screening, customer risk classification, CDD & EDD, and Regulatory Reporting.
- Implementation and product delivery: Ability to make your own initial assessments via BI tools or direct SQL queries, create actionable items for development an/or analysts, and drive project tracking and delivery.
What you bring
- Proven track record in managing analytics teams, product management, or equivalent experience (working with development/analytical teams);
- You have excellent organizational skills and know how to manage a project from conception to launch;
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Looker/Power BI/Tableau;
- You feel comfortable writing queries in SQL and/or Python/Pyspark
- You have an understanding of risk management, financial services, and relevant technologies. Knowledge on AML/CFT and/or KYC/underwriting is a plus;
- You are a quick learner and take a ‘launch fast and iterate’ approach to tackling problems;
- You have strong communication skills and can work well with both technical and commercial teams;
- You take pride in putting your team first, you value teams over ego.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.