Staff Java Software Build Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster
Staff Java Software Build Engineer
Are you interested in building development tools that enable fast and efficient delivery of new features? At the Development and Testing Tools (DATT) team, we do just that: focus on providing hundreds of developers with tooling and services to work efficiently in a dynamic and growing environment. While we know this is not an easy task, it's very satisfying to see the results of your work in action!
More specifically, this role is about evolving our build systems to maximize performance, reproducibility, and modularity, creating a foundation for Adyen products to be built on top. Pun intended.
What you'll do
- Design features on Adyen’s build systems in a scalable and extensible way.
- Propose, design, coordinate, implement, and support solutions around building our software products.
- Collaborate with other engineering and infrastructure teams to come up with the best solutions for the problems at hand.
- Be a positive influence in growing the team technically.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining build and CI scripts for complex projects with hundreds of active contributors.
- Able to reason about, optimize and scale build tooling.
- You have excellent communication skills and can articulate complex technical concepts to different stakeholders.
- Focused on getting the solutions into production.
- Motivated, responsible, and a reliable team player, a technical leader with experience owning projects involving multiple engineers.
- Eager to enable fellow developers to work efficiently and autonomously.
- Passionate about coding clean, reliable, and understandable software solutions.
- Expert in integrating these programming languages with build systems; Gradle/Bazel are a plus.
- Knowledgeable about build system integration with code quality frameworks such as JUnit, SpotBugs, CheckStyle, and SonarQube.
- Good understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle and Development Workflows.
- Comfortable working with containers and Kubernetes.
- Proven track record of working across teams, going beyond the immediate scope when necessary to solve complex problems.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.