Staff Technical Instructor
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
The purpose of the Tech Academy is to facilitate onboarding and upskilling for and by engineers. We cultivate a learning culture within Adyen where engineers are encouraged to learn and share knowledge.
At the Tech Academy, we are a team of engineers dedicated to empowering engineers. Our vision is to unlock the full potential of Adyen's engineers and enable them to make a significant impact on our business and products, ultimately delivering value for our customers. By engineers, for engineers, we understand the unique needs and aspirations of technical professionals.
Our mission is to promote and facilitate the technical development of engineers within Adyen, from onboarding to upskilling. We provide learning opportunities and resources based on Adyen's current needs, ensuring that engineers have the tools they need to thrive. We foster a learning culture where engineers feel safe to learn and share knowledge, creating an environment of continuous growth.
What you'll do:
The main responsibilities of this role is to support the onboarding of new engineers and facilitate upskilling initiatives in our Chicago Tech Hub.
- Organize and facilitate the full onboarding experience of the new developers. This means ensuring that every new developer feels comfortable and confident from day one, they have a clear path of trainings & sessions to follow, and that they have a point of contact in case of questions on the first days.
- Organize the overall operations of the Tech Academy in the Chicago Hub. This means finding available dates in the speakers' agendas, organizing onboarding and upskilling trainings, reading clubs, external talks, and etc.
- Train our engineers on all the Adyen (Java) tools, frameworks, and best practices.
- Help guide other engineers to create and deliver Adyen-tailored trainings.
- Help develop our internal (Java based) back office that manages all participants, training, learning paths, and enrollments.
- Collaborate and deliver clear communication with all stakeholders involved such as team leads, trainers, engineers, HR, L&D, etc.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate should:
- Love setting people up for success!
- Be organized: we have many different activities and events that need to be arranged and run at the same time.
- Be proactive: we constantly need to identify participants and speakers for our offerings and events.
- Enjoy collaborating with people and helping them connect with each other. You will need to facilitate conversations between engineers, the Tech Academy, and other stakeholders such as product managers and solution leads.
- Be eager to learn and be open to learning how to give any of our recurring workshops, in case a speaker can't make it.
- Have a mid-level technical knowledge in the Java ecosystem.
Other Job Details:
- This role is based out of our Chicago office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- Domestic and international travel required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.