Senior Infrastructure Engineer, CI/CD
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer, CI/CD
Adyen is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer specializing in CI/CD for our Core Infrastructure team in Chicago. In this role, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of a high-performance, highly secure platform that is instrumental to Adyen's growth.
- Design, build, and operate our CI/CD systems and infrastructure in a complex, on-premise environment
- Drive projects from beginning to end while collaborating with your teammates to deliver robust solutions
- Contribute to our “CI/CD as a service” model, providing support and expertise to the entire organization
- Maintain large on-premise deployments of code and artifact storage solutions
Who you are
- A self-starter who takes ownership of solutions from conception to implementation
- A learner with a drive to understand technologies at a deeper level
- An excellent communicator who thrives in team settings and encourages knowledge sharing
- You like to do things programmatically, by using Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code tools (preferably Puppet, Ansible, and Terraform)
- A CI/CD enthusiast who excels at creating automated processes and evangelizing their benefits to the rest of the organization
- Able to handle a 24/7 operational environment, making quick, informed decisions under pressure
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure, systems engineering, devops, or a related role
- Extensive experience with Linux systems, coupled with a wide-ranging understanding of systems engineering
- Proficiency in creating and managing containers and Linux packages
- Expertise in creating and maintaining CI and CD infrastructure.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code, favoring a programmatic approach to infrastructure
- Solid understanding and experience with private cloud infrastructure, specifically in on-premises environments
You have experience with some of the below mentioned technologies and concepts, and are willing to learn the others:
- Managing large Jenkins and GitLab CI infrastructure
- Containerization (Hashicorp and Kubernetes ecosystems)
- Artifact and code storage solutions (Harbor, Nexus, Maven, Gitlab, etc)
- You have experience leveraging containerization technologies and artifact storage solutions to create robust CI/CD pipelines
- On-prem/private cloud infrastructure
- Linux, Nginx, Tomcat, firewalls, network security protocols, databases, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS, HTTP(s)
- System configuration and administration, load balancing, scaling, monitoring, understanding of Linux kernel primitives (namespaces, cap, cgroups, etc.), core operating systems including network setup and maintenance, network security, and distributed file systems
- Ability to code in at least one programming language and familiarity with bash scripting
- Familiarity with at least one configuration management or infrastructure as code tool (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform…)
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.