This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is looking for a Financial Controller to grow the Group Finance team in Amsterdam, focused primarily on owning the trial balance for various entities in either EMEA or APAC. You will interact and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in order to support our continued business growth in a scalable, controlled and compliant way. The ideal candidate takes ownership of our local financials, has a drive to understand these and is able to tie this back to where we’re heading as a Group globally.
Being part of the centralized Financial Controlling team in Amsterdam means you’ll be working in the (financial) engine room of a registered and listed financial institution; being part of a relatively small team means you’ll be involved in a lot of very interesting topics that reach beyond the borders of the entities you are responsible for.
What you’ll do
- Ensuring adherence to accounting and taxation standards and policies;
- Collaborating within Group Finance (Accounts Payable, Payroll and Tax teams) as well as with stakeholders outside of Finance, managing the general ledger, completion of the monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and depreciation schedules;
- Preparation of variance analysis during month-end close process;
- Preparation and submission of (in)direct tax filings alongside the tax team;
- Providing support during internal and external audits;
- Assisting in process improvement and systems enhancement to drive initiatives that help scale the organization.
Who you are
- Around 4-5 years of experience in financial control/accounting; audit experience is a plus;
- You are detail-oriented, with an analytical mindset;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with ability to prioritise;
- Proactive in projects you take on, able to work independently but never afraid to ask for help;
- Able to think 2 steps ahead. We are looking for someone that can question the status quo, thinking critically and creatively to implement solutions to scale during Adyen’s rapid growth.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.