Infrastructure Security Expert
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Infrastructure Security Expert
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic colleague to help own the architecture, implementation, and operation of key security-impacting infrastructure systems. This is a high-growth individual contributor role with significant internal leadership potential.
What you’ll do
- Sometimes you'll be a "information security consultant", facilitating risk assessment and threat modeling sessions
- Sometimes you'll be a "product owner"/"project manager", helping to define priorities and deliver projects together with frontline infrastructure engineers
- Sometimes you'll be a "SIEM engineer", writing custom alerting logic in Python to help us detect incidents based on the risks and indicators you identify in your other activities
- Ultimately you will implement and manage security tools, technologies, and processes to enhance our infrastructure security posture
- And much more that you'll define yourself
Who you are
- Expertise in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive security strategy to protect our infrastructure
- Experience in conducting security assessments, audits, and reviews of architecture changes, network designs, introduction of new technologies, etc.
- A relationship builder, that collaborates closely with internal teams to identify, assess, and mitigate potential security risks in our infrastructure
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing and implementing custom alerting logic using Python
- Someone that takes ownership and believes that security is just one of many critical qualities of properly built systems
- You have opinions, especially security ones, about some of: CI patterns, Container tooling, Forensics/incident response, Linux distros, MacOS fleet management, Open source supply chain risks, Pentest best practices, SDLC-related best practices, SRE concepts, Vulnerability management, Databases, Networking, Private Cloud
- You don't mind occasionally encountering "commercial-side" issues or doing a bit of operational work
- With eagerness to dive into complex issues alongside subject matter experts
- Comfortable switching between idealism and realism, and resistant to whiplash from doing it
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.