Operational Support Specialist
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Operational Support Specialist
The Contact Center team consists of people from various backgrounds offering support to our merchants worldwide. You will be part of the first line of support of Adyen, helping merchants on a wide variety of topics, from technical to administrative tasks. Besides assisting merchants you will also act as the bridge between different Support and Operational functions (e.g. Account Managers, Tech Support, In Person Payments teams & Product), identifying and troubleshooting issues, providing feedback and ideas on how to bring our customer experience to the next level. This team is extremely merchant-focused, operates in a fast paced environment and consists of highly motivated team members. Extensive payments knowledge, a thorough technical grasp of our platform and the pro-active attitude towards helping our merchants is what characterizes the team.
What you will do
- Answer in-depth merchant requests about the Adyen platform and provide the necessary guidance
- Optimize and automate processes, with a strong focus on scalability
- Be an internal product advocate, track product processes and contribute to the platform feeding back feedback and issues you get back from merchants
- Serve as a payment specialist for merchants, actively helping them to optimize their account and grow their business by utilizing the features of our platform
- Provide technical and operational assistance to merchants troubleshooting via phone, web-based tools and email
Who you are
- You are a Diploma holder, or a University graduate
- You are able to provide coaching, constructive feedback and set yourself as a role model for the team You have the proven ability to kickstart projects and initiatives and follow them up to completion
- You have affinity for or a strong interest in technical and operational processes and you are interested in learning more about technical processes; you will also actively seek the answers of what you don’t know
- Experience in a technology driven company or role is a definite plus
- Knowledge of the Payments environment is a plus but not strictly required
- You can speak and write English fluently; additional languages will be considered a plus
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid (not remote). For this position we work with a third party contracting partner.