Junior AML Investigator
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Junior AML Investigator
At Adyen, we are building a sustainable and ethical business for the long term. As a highly regulated financial institution, it is our responsibility to make the right decisions driven by local regulations, global regulations and our own risk appetite.
Are you someone with a strong analytical mindset who is always looking to make the right ethical choice? Can you picture yourself making an effort to fight financial crime while contributing to a leading company in the FinTech world? And -perhaps most excitingly- are you looking to kick-start your career by joining a brand new team in a high-growth, global business? Keep on reading, this might be the role for you.
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated people to join our growing AML (Anti Money Laundering) Monitoring Investigations team in the heart of Madrid from September. In this rapidly growing Tech Hub, you will find an environment that feels like a startup but has access to global corporate resources.
What you’ll do
- Investigate alerts on unusual transactions;
- Assist with the investigations and research of unusual behaviours, using internal and external systems and databases;
- Investigate and escalate claims to our Compliance team;
- Ad-hoc analysis of and investigations into merchants’ Compliance Risk Profile;
- Propose ideas for improvement of our internal processes and workflows;
- Help onboard new members of the team.
Who you are
- You are knowledgeable and curious about the rapid developments in FinTech and the possibility of having a career in this industry excites you;
- You have an affinity for AML/CDD/KYC and operational processes and you are interested in learning more about it;
- You have some relevant international experience in the form of an internship and/or exchange program;
- You have a great sense of responsibility and you take ownership of your work;
- You are a reliable team player who gets a sense of achievement from solving operational problems and helping others;
- You are naturally curious with strong analytical skills to understand complex matters and come up with creative solutions;
- You have a sense of urgency, you know how to prioritise, you proactively identify areas of improvement and suggest solutions;
- Excellent communication + language skills in English.
This is a full-time position in Madrid (not remote). For this position we work with a third party contracting partner. If you want to be part of this project, please make sure your application is in before the end of July.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 3 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.