Sales Development Representative
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Meta, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Sales Development Representative
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Sales team in North America. As a Sales Development Representative, you will learn what it takes to become a Sales Superstar. You will gain great insight into what it takes to work at one of the most successful fintech companies of recent years, as well as experience what it’s like to work at a truly global company. This is a great opportunity to start at Adyen in a client facing role, help generate opportunities for our Sales team, and grow into an Enterprise Account Executive role based on your progress and ambition.
You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career by working with multiple business units in a globally recognized fintech organization. You’ll be working with sales managers, marketing, and partnerships to create new business opportunities and deliver key insights on the payments sector to the business. This role is extremely diverse requiring strong interpersonal skills, a self-starter mentality, an inquisitive and analytical mindset, project management skills and a great sense of humor.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of the North American Sales Development Team where you will leverage inbound and outbound campaigns to drive top of the funnel opportunities for the business
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Set sales-ready meetings for qualified opportunities
- Work as a strategic and operational partner for the sales, marketing, and partnership teams at Adyen
- Research verticals, companies, and prospects from the addressable market to identify potential opportunities and key decision-makers
- Think creatively on the best way to manage your sales desk and provide elite service to our merchants, your colleagues and the Adyen global team
- Act as a brand ambassador for Adyen at internal and external company events
- Commit to continuous learning on the payments sector and Adyen product offerings
Who you are
- You are a strategic, resourceful, and highly motivated self starter with a great sense of humor
- You are a born hunter and networker, and eager to be a Sales Superstar, with a creative approach to outreach and a desire to engage
- You are committed to learning every day and take personal pride in the work that you deliver
- You are innovative, focused on efficiency, and are able to adapt to new processes quickly
- Multi-tasking comes easily to you and you do not need to learn how to manage your time effectively
- You have excellent listening and communication skills (written, on the phone and in person) and are comfortable speaking to anyone
- You have 2-5 years of corporate experience with 1-2 years in an SDR or Sales role; experience at a B2B or technology company a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesloft, and/or LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a plus
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English, in Canada french fluency is a plus.
The annual base salary range for this role is $85,000-$100,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.