This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is looking for an experienced Sanctions Expert to strengthen the AML/CFT Compliance Team that understands the importance of Sanctions compliance and can help us grow our business in a sustainable way. The successful candidate will be acting as a Second Line Sanctions Specialist who is able to work as a business partner with a wide range of stakeholders, in particular with the First Line AML Function, regulatory experts as well as developers responsible for the ongoing technical improvement of the Sanctions Framework. The candidate will advise business partners across the company on the (potential) Sanctions risks with regards to new and existing customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build on continuously improving the Sanctions Framework of Adyen, keeping abreast of significant developments and/or updates in relevant laws, regulations and significant (internal) developments.
- Analyse Sanctions hits to determine whether there are any reasonable grounds for suspicion of Sanctions breach(es).
- Develop and provide Sanctions training to various parts of the organization.
- Act as the first point of escalation when it comes to the Sanctions Framework of Adyen, and especially any potential Sanctions hits.
- Report to, as well as collaborate and liaise with, Competent Authorities and law enforcement agencies regarding Sanctions true hits and/or follow-up on Sanctions audits, providing requested documentation in an effective and efficient manner.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced (4 years +) AML officer / Sanction specialist with a solid understanding of Sanctions laws and regulation
- You have extensive knowledge of payments and or banking/finance industry
- You can use technology and data to automate and scale key processes
- You have the ability to clearly explain Sanction risk and related risks, develop sound mitigation strategies and find workable solutions
- You have the ability to structure and prioritize in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive a process to completion
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.