Country Manager, Poland
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Microsoft, Uber, Booksy, Zabka and Vinted- making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Speed is the foundation of our company, we think fast, we work fast, we launch fast and we are looking for a Country Manager in Poland to help us scale fast and efficiently.
The central goal of this role is to continue - and accelerate - our growth, while continuing to establish Adyen as a thought leader in Poland and empowering a growing team to adapt Adyen’s global strategy to local needs. The ideal candidate is a natural leader and networker with a consultative and commercial mindset, who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial environment. This candidate will be an integral contributor to shaping Adyen’s momentum and team environment.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, empower and grow our local sales, account management, marketing and operations organization in Warsaw and Prague, managing a team of managers and their teams focused on growing Adyen’s business with Poland-based companies.
- Be the local spokesperson, position Adyen as a thought leader in the local market, through implementing our marketing & communication strategy in cooperation with Adyen's marketing and communications team
- Adapt Adyens global strategy to the local market and align local teams for speedy execution
- Scale the organization to meet our growth targets and to capture the demand of Adyen’s platform across segments, verticals, and offerings.
- Grow and develop your leadership team to capture the opportunity at hand and, in turn, develop their own teams.
- Stay in close cooperation with our HQ in Amsterdam, to ensure alignment on product demand and to embed your team in Adyen’s global team and ways of working
- Get hands on involved in the largest, most strategic deals, managing executive relationships and helping the team get the deal over the finish line.
- Become a critical member of the team of country managers in EMEA, working hand-in-hand with counterparts in other countries and regions to achieve our mission.
- Be a purposeful and empathetic change agent, embracing the ways of working within Adyen while bringing a fresh perspective on how we can operate at scale.
Who You Are
- A seasoned senior leader comfortable scaling the organization at speed in the coming years
- Experience in managing managers is a requirement
- Empathetic leader that can affect change while also being firm on change management.
- Comfortable being hands on in our largest, most important deals, experience maintaining the most senior executive relationships
- Relevant industry network;
- Knowledge in Payment and / or Financial Services;
- Strong communicator and excellent people skills
- Fluent in Polish and English
- At least 8+ years work experience in an entrepreneurial, technology focused work environment;
- Ability to work independently while maintaining strong relations with other offices
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the link below. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Warsaw office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.