Engineering Manager, Data Connect
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Engineering Manager, Data Connect
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join us in building up our team in Chicago that sits at the cornerstone of engineering and data.
As an Engineering Manager in our Data Solution, you will be building and training the brain behind the Adyen platform and infusing it with data, as well as scaling access to this data, intelligence, and capabilities that businesses need to realize their biggest ambitions.
Your responsibilities are making data more accessible and available for our merchants by building products that add tangible value to our existing Adyen solution offering. Your team will both be building valuable data products (that help our merchants to grow and be more customer-centric), as well as providing best-in-class technologies to serve this data to our merchant's data platform of choice.
What you’ll do
- Hire, grow and directly manage a team of engineers (backend and data), nurturing and building the Adyen data culture in Chicago
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, data engineers, engineers and other key stakeholders within the Adyen's Data Solution and broader engineering organization
- Outline the long-term strategy for your team’s product, taking a pragmatic approach to balance trade-offs and sparring with your product counterpart
- Have a multiplier effect by motivating team members and coaching in areas such as engineering best practices, scalable architecture design, and product roadmap discussions
- Maintain an inclusive team culture focused on autonomy, ownership, collaboration, communication, and impact
- Set clear individual and team goals that align with our strategic engineering ambitions in close collaboration with the product manager
Who you are:
- You are an energetic self-starter experienced in working, collaborating and creating alignment between multiple cross-functional teams across geographies and timezones
- You have experience in designing, developing and testing software products. Experience with Java and SQL is a plus
- You have experience using one or more cloud providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) and modern open source data technologies (e.g. Spark, Airflow)
- You have hands-on experience with Customer Data Platforms (e.g. Segment, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Real-time)
- You are able to define, implement, and monitor performance KPIs to quickly identify opportunities for improvement in existing systems
- You are an experienced lead of technical projects in a fast paced environment and love coaching and mentoring engineering and data talent
- You have experience collaborating with senior leadership to set strategic direction, including product roadmaps
- With a healthy frequency, you are excited to travel, both domestically and internationally, when required to meet with colleagues and/or merchant teams
- You can clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.