Strategic Finance Business Partner
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Strategic Finance Business Partner
Adyen is looking for a Strategic Finance Business Partner to join the Strategic Finance Team within Group Finance. Our team is organized across regions and commercial pillars. In this role, you’ll form the bridge between several stakeholders in the business and our Group Finance team. You’ll support stakeholders in long-term strategic planning as well as shorter term financial performance, by providing relevant financial guidance.
This position is based in Singapore, with focus on the greater Asia-Pacific area and reports directly to the Head of Strategic Finance (based in Amsterdam).
What you’ll do
● Take the lead in implementing our local business control framework for our activities in a.o. China, Japan, Singapore and Australia.
● Be the financial sparring partner to commercial leadership in the APAC region.
● Help generate insights to support decision making in the region as well as in HQ, (e.g. analyse monthly margin performance and define relevant follow up actions,
● Using macroeconomic and market data to run analyses to support a varied group of stakeholders within the organization (varying from regional leadership to individual account managers)
● Support and challenge business cases/projects brought to you by different stakeholders within the region with data-driven financial insights.
● Contribute to Adyen Group Finance’s OKRs, as part of which you’ll work in multidisciplinary teams to achieve our priorities.
● You’ll support the business’ data needs by ensuring that relevant data points are readily available to a broad set of business stakeholders.
Who you are
● You have 6+ years of experience in a strategic finance business partnering or similar role, especially working in global teams for multinationals.
● You have a proactive mindset, you’re enthusiastic in taking on new projects, but never afraid to ask for help.
● You are able to work independently across cultures and time zones to get your job done.
● You feel comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment, where not all activities are set in stone, but where you’ll contribute to taking them to the next level.
● You prefer making decisions based on data rather than gut feel.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.