Lead Merchant Data Analytics
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Lead, Merchant Data Analytics
Adyen is looking for a passionate and experienced leader to scale our Merchant Data Analytics team that’s turning data into value for our customers. You and your team will partner with our strategic merchants to run experimentations and provide actionable insights to improve overall Adyen’s offering. You will guide and develop Data Analysts that turn ad hoc insights into long term scalable solutions.
What you’ll do
- Data Strategy - Work with local and global teams to align on data strategy and prioritisation. Develop mid to long term strategy, manage sprint planning and stakeholder engagement;
- Hire, Grow, Retain - Recruit and hire diverse talented Data Analysts who will help Adyen and our merchants grow. Coach and mentor members of the Data team to create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture;
- Analyse – Partner with internal and top global merchants effectively communicate actionable insights and improve our payment optimisations;
- Build to Scale - Turning ad hoc findings to scalable solutions that benefit all merchants. Build framework and best practices to develop global alignment as we scale.
Who you are
- You are currently leading a technical team and have multiple years of people management experience;
- You have great verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable talking to tech & non-tech, as well as merchants and internal stakeholders from every part of the business;
- You are innovative, love dealing with ambiguity and have strong problem-solving capabilities;
- You understand the importance of data accuracy, automation and scaling, and can translate business needs into robust data models and solutions. Excellent analytical and modeling skills, with proficiency in tools such as R, Python, and database SQL. Experience with data visualisation platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker);
- You are curious about what pain points our biggest merchants are facing and empathetic to solving problems that help all merchants;
- FinTech experience preferred.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!