Senior Regulatory Counsel
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Senior Regulatory Compliance Counsel
Our fast-paced Compliance team is looking for an experienced European Regulatory Compliance Counsel with experience in Policy setting and providing practical business advice in relation to policies in the payments/finance industry. The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills and be able to work as a business partner to connect and communicate with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you’ll do
- Proactively identify obligations based on applicable financial regulation;
- Translate identified obligations into relevant Policies and Procedures to be communicated and implemented across the global business;
- For specific statutory responsibilities, including financial licensing, AML, CTF and Sanctions, to advise internal stakeholders, as well as Merchants, and also liaise with external stakeholders such as relevant regulators and supervisors;
- Represent compliance and regulatory on a variety of workstreams and products to establish regulatory strategies that align with global objectives and ensure controlled and compliant growth;
- Strengthen knowledge management across the global business;
- Consider opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliant solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years’ experience in a regulatory function within the payments/financial services industry;
- Your knowledge of the European finance and/or payment industry will be well established;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically you will be able to liaise and connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying industries;
- Your strong sense of initiative, independence and ability to take ownership will add value to a fast-growing business;
- You are an analytical thinker who can both draft and monitor the implementation of relevant Policies;
Something looks off?