C++ Development Tooling Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
C++ Development Tooling Engineer
Have you ever noticed how sometimes what should have been a simple thing requires a lot of work and tricks? Are you passionate about improving such inefficient workflows? Do you want to work on those changes at scale? Then you came to the right place!
At the Development and Testing Tools team we do just that: focus on providing hundreds of developers with tooling and services to work efficiently in a dynamic and growing environment. While we know this is not an easy task, it is very satisfying to see the results of your work in action!
More specifically, the Development and Testing Tools team improves the development workflows, manages the build systems, testing frameworks, code quality tools, empowers collaboration through an integrated team environment, and other developer tools. Some examples of the projects that are driven by our team are the optimization of our build times, automation of merging new code, developing a set of development CLI tools, and ensuring consistency of our unit and integration tests.
We are sometimes referred to in the industry as the Developer Productivity Engineering or Developer Enablement team. Our goal is to make developers happy developing new products at Adyen while having fun!
What you’ll do
- Design, implement and deliver development tools and services for Adyen’s C++ engineers
- Optimize existing development workflows like building, testing and releasing the code
- Support developers with answers about the tools and services the team provides
- Make sure the tools and services provided by our team are up and running
- By monitoring, identifying issues, investigating and fixing them
- By taking actions to prevent new issues from happening in the first place
- Collaborate with other engineering and infrastructure teams to come up with solutions
- Drive adoption of clean code, coding best practices, development productivity improvements in our C++ development community
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Passionate about enabling other developers to be efficient and autonomous
- Able to reason about, optimize and scale development workflows, build dev tools
- Able to clearly understand problems and come up with optimal and sustainable solutions
- Focused on getting the solutions into production
- Motivated, responsible and a reliable team player
- Eager to learn and improve yourself, processes and tools
Your technical skills
- You are experienced in C/C++ tooling, like CMake and binutils
- You know at least one scripting language such as Python and Bash
- You have good understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle and development processes
- You are comfortable with Docker and containers, as you will work with Kubernetes
Extra skills that are nice to have:
- You’ve developed IDE plugins for yourself or other development teams
- You’ve worked with and integrated testing frameworks such as GoogleTest and Catch to a C++ project
- You’ve used static code analysis tools
Please note that this role is a full-time position in . It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Something looks off?