Risk & Fraud Consultant
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For ur teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Risk and Fraud Consultant
We’re looking for a hands-on and highly motivated Risk & Fraud colleague to educate and train on reducing fraud and chargebacks internally and externally. You will handle all requirements of the Card Schemes as stated in the Rules and Regulations of the applicable Card Schemes, with regard to Risk and Chargeback Programs.
What you’ll do
- To support internally with Card Schemes issues, Fraud, Chargeback Programs and fraud and chargeback levels of merchants and Adyen Acquiring in particular;
- Advice on fraud redundancy to account management and initiate appropriate fraud settings;
- Coordinate with risk officers and senior management in performing risk reviews, analyses and studies and monitor the risk exposure for new merchants;
- Initiate development projects to improve / amend fraud settings and chargeback management;
- Communicate and share ideas with internal departments on execution, improvements of the fraud & chargeback avoidance or resolution;
- Follow up and control of the merchant requests and tickets;
- Maintain and develop documentation for risk management and procedures.
Who you are
- Experience in fraud analysis, risk management - payment fraud - procedures on the merchant, solution provider or acquirer side.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English, both written and spoken;
- You have excellent communication skills and committed to question the status quo;
- You have excellent analytical skills, are detail oriented and the ability to multi-task;
- You are able to work in a independent way and you are a strong collaborator, connecting with colleagues and sharing ideas to improve effective teamwork.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Customers include Facebook, Uber, Dafiti, 99taxis, Rappi and Spotify.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Brazil.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.