DataOps Engineer, Streaming
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is looking for a DataOps engineer to join our Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. Our on premise platforms are growing at a fast pace. You will operate as part of a group of data infrastructure engineers, data engineers, data scientists, developers and work together at the core data infrastructure on a global scale. You will be challenged with the fast growth needs of Adyen, by the different teams across the company and to bring innovative solutions everyday. You'll be asked to improve the current stack and support several highly skilled teams of data scientists, data engineers and platform engineering in general. In this role, you will:
- Create, maintain and iterate on the current streaming infrastructure
- Anticipate growth and look for structural changes required in the streaming and pipelines offering at Adyen to keep healthy pipelines that stream millions of events per second in all continents.
- Work closely with the maintainers of the data infrastructure and arrive at pragmatic solutions in line with standards used throughout the platform engineering group.
Who you are
- Background: you have a solid background with designing, building, scaling and maintaining data streaming solutions, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment
- Technology: you must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience as a systems engineer/administrator with one or more of those:
- Apache Kafka ecosystem (Schema Registry, Kafka Connect, Mirror Maker)
- Apache Cassandra
- Using security mechanisms (ACLs, RBAC, TLS, Kerberos, Scram ), understand open-source data processing frameworks like Apache Spark and ELK, along with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet. Linux optimization and debugging should be natural for you.
- Experience using git
- Experience: building, testing and maintaining data streaming infrastructure
- Knowledge: solid understanding of data streaming at scale
- Mentality: Collaborative team player and have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
- Knowledge on Linux internals and Python skills are nice to have
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Amsterdam.
Something looks off?