Senior HR Business Partner
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
HR Business Partner
Adyen is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to contribute to the growth and scale of our Commercial teams across North America, where we recently won the 2023 Built in Best Places to Work award. In this role, you will be working with managers, leaders and employees in all people programs such as (but not limited to) talent development, employee engagement and performance management. You will work closely with leaders to complement them, challenge and coach them on best practices and strategize to ensure we are creating the best experience for our people.
What you’ll do:
- Be an effective sparring partner for team leads on all things related to people including team growth and development
- On an ongoing basis, coach team leads to develop themselves and their teams by regularly discussing how to increase their teams’ impact as we continue to grow and scale
- Facilitate talent planning that produces actionable strategies including plans for talent acquisition, team development and growth of future leaders
- Collaborate with a global, cross-functional HR Centers of Expertise to develop, enhance and launch initiatives that meet the evolving needs of our business
- Leverage data to identify and act on opportunities that point to better ways of doing things as we scale
- Call into question when needed on manager thinking and partner with them to make decisions for the good of the whole business
- Advocate for all Adyeners as they learn and develop through rapid growth in a high-performance environment
- Guide managers to apply our core values in their day-to-day decisions
- Foster an environment rich in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Partner with the HR Operations team to get things done in a timely manner and provide our employees a seamless employment experience
Who you are:
- You’ve got at least 8+ years’ experience working with managers and leaders at all levels, in a people partnering role at a high-pace company
- You have a strong sense of self and build trust quickly to become a trusted business advisor at all levels of the organization
- You are able to question the status quo with managers and work with them to define new solutions to old problems
- You are well versed in organizational dynamics, know what healthy, motivated, growing teams look like, and can give guidance on what to do to make this even better;
- You’re hands-on, but know how to collaborate and prioritize (constantly looking for how things can be done more simply or automated)
- You’re excited to try new approaches, do things differently, and aren’t afraid to “build as you go”
- You’re a change agent who thrives in a fast paced environment and can effectively engage those around you to get them excited about the future
The annual base salary range for this role is $175,000-$220,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
This role is based out of our New York City office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Something looks off?