Associate Attorney, Spanish Speaking
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
The Americas General Counsel’s Organization at Adyen is seeking an Associate Attorney to join our legal team in New York, NY. The mission of the Americas General Counsel’s Organization is to protect Adyen’s vision through legal and compliance expertise and strategic advice. This helps our Sales and Account Management teams to manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on Adyen’s offering of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the interconnectivity between the Americas General Counsel’s Organization and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
What you’ll do:
- Work across a spectrum of legal, business, and strategic commercial issues
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements of various types
- Work with our Account Management team to supplement and amend existing commercial agreements
- Work with teams across Adyen, including Sales, Account Management, Product, and Compliance
- Collaborate with our global legal team on strategic initiatives to help us increase the efficacy and efficiency of our legal operations
- This role is based out of our New York city office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English and Spanish
Who you are:
- 4-7 years, in good standing, of relevant experience in a law firm, or in-house legal team
- An attorney in good standing with the California or New York Bar
- Fluent in Spanish and comfortable drafting and negotiating in Spanish (fluency in Portuguese is helpful but not required)
- You have solid people skills, specifically you will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly and synthesize complex issues in both English and Spanish
- You can work autonomously and have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment with the ability to work independently and run things like your own business.
- You are curious, ask questions, and take ownership over your learning and professional growth.
- You are self-motivated, driven, reliable, adaptable and detail-oriented.
The annual base salary range for this role is $140,000-170,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please clickhere.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.