AML Monitoring Business Analyst
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
AML Monitoring Business Analyst
Adyen is looking for a Business Analyst who can leverage data to take Adyen's Transaction Monitoring Framework to the next level. In this role, you will use Java, SQL, and Pyspark to query and transform data to answer questions regarding Adyen's management of integrity risk: this includes improving our detection methods, acting on recent money laundering/terrorist financing typologies and trends, as well as further building the structure and rules surrounding watchlist and party screening.
Who you are
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in Sanctions, KYC, or Transaction Monitoring/Screening.
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and/or Pyspark.
- Clear and strong motivation to work in the Anti Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing field.
- Experience in FinTech, Banking, or Payments.
- Able to lead discussions effectively with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Proactive and curious.
What you’ll do
- Support in the creation and maintenance of the Watchlist Framework, in line with the latest sanctioned entities and ML/TF typologies.
- Guide and support team members in their decision-making using data and business intelligence tools.
- Analyse data using different tools to identify patterns, trends, and relationships.
- Gain in-depth understanding of how our high tech, global platform processes payments, onboards customers, stores customer data and monitors transactions.
- Understand Adyen's internal policies, procedures and different business lines. Communicate iterations, metrics, and developments to relevant stakeholders.
- Commit to constantly optimise and document processes and workflows, scaling the platform to its next phase.
- Deliver insights in the form of dashboards or reports of operational and regulatory challenges.
- Collaborate with other teams such as Compliance and Regulatory Tech to deliver sophisticated solutions.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of The Netherlands.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Something looks off?