This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as Principal Officer for Adyen India and liaise in all AML/CFT matters for the RBI and FIU in India
- Analyze customer transactional behavior following respective alerts generated and escalated from first line analysts to conclude if transactions are in line with expectations, or if there are reasonable grounds for suspicion of ML/TF transaction.
- Build on continuously improving the AML/CFT Framework of Adyen which includes business rules and machine learning models by using a data driven approach
- Keep track of new developments around regulations and find smart solutions to mitigate ML/TF risks within the transaction monitoring field
- Provide expert advice and guidance to support the business
- Set and review AML policy standards for our business
- Collaborate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide training and workshops to build on the knowledge of AML/CFT
- Investigate unusual / suspicious transactions and report them to the relevant FIU
Who You Are
- You are an experienced (5 years +) AML officer / specialist with a good understanding of AML/CFT laws and regulations and how these can impact our growing business in India
- You have experience with reporting on to the FIU-India portals
- You have extensive knowledge on the payments and or banking/finance industry
- You can use technology and data to automate and scale key processes
- You are resilient and have the capacity to challenge and influence whilst remaining focused on growing a sustainable business
- You have the ability to clearly explain AML compliance and related risks, develop sound mitigation strategies and find workable solutions
- You have the ability to structure and prioritize in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive a process to completion
- You are a team player that does not shy away from taking ownership
- You have an academic degree and preferably an AML certification
- You have excellent English communication skills
Please note that this role is a full-time position in . It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Mumbai.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.