Team Lead Compliance Escalations
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead Compliance Escalations - High integrity risk industries
Our fast-paced 2LoD Compliance Escalation Team is looking for an experienced candidate in the area of compliance with applicable knowledge of high-risk industries, ranging from Gambling and Cryptocurrency exchanges to Non-Profit Organizations.
In this role you will lead a team of Compliance Officers focused on managing Adyen’s high integrity risk industry portfolio. You will be the voice towards the business and operational teams for high-risk industry integrity risk management and will be responsible to ensure that Adyen’s control framework mitigates all the relevant identified risks.
As a lead, you will ensure a timely and efficient execution of the team’s goals. The successful candidate will have a strong track record in managing high integrity risk industries and will be able to demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to drive results.
What you’ll do
- Define how to further strengthen and scale the high integrity risk industry framework, in line with Adyen’s risk appetite and the Company’s strategic objectives;
- Drive and deliver results; you will be the point of Escalation related to high integrity risk industries to the business and other internal- and external stakeholders;
- Create team goals and ensure qualitative and timely execution;
- Collaborate with the wider compliance- and regulatory team, commercial- and operational teams to translate high integrity risk industry requirements into proper implementation; you’re able to effectively communicate and explain the WHY behind the requirements;
- Lead part of the Escalation Team; grow, mentor and coach your team members both on a knowledge and skill level.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience in a 2LoD function at a Fintech or Financial Institution or a high-integrity risk industry (e.g. gambling, Financial Services, Investment firm);
- You have 2+ years of experience as a team lead, which includes mentoring- and developing team members, manage the team performance and provide feedback and support as needed;
- You have a solid understanding on how to manage the risks around high integrity risk industries, such as gambling, cryptocurrency exchanges, non-profit organizations;
- You co-develop, implement strategies and drive the team to achieve the team - and company goals;
- You are hands-on you take full ownership and accountability over your and your team’s projects and have the ability to manage your and your team’s priorities;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly and synthesize complex issues;
- You deliver high-quality output and maintain the same quality standard for your team;
- You have solid interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with both internal and external stakeholders from varying disciplines and cultures;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Something looks off?