Operational Support Team Lead
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Team Lead Operational Support
We are seeking a Contact Center Team Lead to join our rapidly growing company and take charge of expanding our team from our HQ in Amsterdam to the vibrant city of Madrid. As the Team Lead, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of our organisation and creating a strong presence in this exciting new market!
Where you will lead a team that operates as a first interface with Adyen’s merchants across the globe. You will guide the team to directly work with the technical teams of our amazing merchant base. Changes you make for them have an immediate impact on their capacity to accept payments and expand their business. In order to do this, you will be working closely with multiple different teams, such as Sales, Account Management, Product Development and the Technical Support teams.
Your team is extremely merchant-focused, highly motivated, and thrives on shared success. You will be expected to build out an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. With Adyen being a 24/7 business we operate throughout time zones using a follow the sun principle. The extensive payments knowledge of the team is the most valuable aspect both to our merchants and our internal teams.
What you’ll do
- Expand the Operational Support Team in our new Madrid Operations Hub.
- Build up a team of talented operational support agents with the help of our recruitment business partners.
- Lead a team that holds a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform, the underlying technology stack, and industry
- Develop a culture where training and development are part of the team, identify actions and work with trainers to ensure the skills and knowledge are cultivated effectively.
- Coach and mentor members of the Operational Support Team to fully prepare them to resolve technical challenges for Adyen’s merchants and grow their careers.
- Ensure effective and consistent communication within team while, encouraging customers’ feedback and insights in order to enhance the their experience.
- Evaluate performance with key metrics (reply time, call-waiting time etc.), track team progress and success, and be able to present results to Senior Leadership.
- Define and clearly communicate objectives and goals for the Support team.
Who you are
- You have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You are a people leader, and have experience developing an effective contact center.
- You have prior experience working in an international setting, and you are competent at managing support for merchants & stakeholders across the world.
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and able to define robust processes and procedures.
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to varied technical support requests and challenges.
- You have an affinity with internet technologies and are curious to dive into the technicalities of the payments industry.
- Must have the capacity to travel whenever necessary, both domestically and abroad.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid (not remote).
Something looks off?