Lead Account Management
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Lead Account Management
We’re looking for an experienced and inspirational leader to join the Account Management team. You will build, mentor, and coach a team of account managers who are responsible for growing strategic merchant relationships and payments revenue. You are comfortable streamlining team operations, encouraging effective collaboration, and engaging with executives at all levels.
As a critical role in the continued success of our operations in Japan, you will help to iterate our culture and build an amazing team environment that will create future leaders for Adyen. You are responsible for managing our largest enterprise merchants by building strong relationships with key merchant contacts. The ideal candidate is a born networker who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse and entrepreneurial environment. You'll be managing relationships with international merchants across multiple industries and channels. You will understand the unique needs of a merchant and provide them with payments expertise and guidance to help them grow.
What you’ll do
- Create an inspiring and collaborative environment with an open feedback culture, motivate team members and encourage creativity while understanding training needs;
- Set clear individual and team goals focused on revenue growth, report on performance and metrics at an executive level;
- Provide coaching in areas as strategic account planning, contract negotiations, product roadmap discussions, and executive engagement;
- Provide strategic and consultative advice to help influence and full-fill the global payments strategy of enterprise companies;
- Collaborate cross-functionally to communicate merchant needs and feedback, impacting Adyen’s product innovation and development, and delivering merchant projects;
- Serve as a thought leader and extensive source of knowledge for your colleagues in the account management team and other company departments;
- Proactively foster a positive working environment for our business and maintain good relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
Who you are
- You're a dynamic, hands-on self-starter with a proven commercial edge and entrepreneurial drive;
- Enjoy engaging others, working collaboratively, and developing strong working relationships at all levels of management;
- Passionate about leading strategic payments conversations, presenting business reviews, and coordinating high level technical discussions;
- Highly skilled in leveraging your business acumen and analytical abilities to strategically assess and help reach client goals;
- Excited to prioritise and manage multiple projects across different departments, while motivating and collaborating with others to achieve results.
- Full proficiency in Japanese and English;
- 10+ years experience in account management, consulting, or a related field;
- 7+ years experience in managing teams and building executive level enterprise relationships;
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Finance or related field;
- This role is based out of our Tokyo office;
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week;
- Domestic and international travel required.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Something looks off?