This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Lead Implementation Lead
As Implementation Team Lead, you will steer a team of technical experts who handle complex merchant projects. This team works with Adyen's largest merchants globally to solution, consult, troubleshoot, implement, and launch scalable technical integrations.
Additionally, you will work closely with different teams globally, such as Sales, Account Management, Development, and Product in order to provide an exceptional merchant experience. The ability to foster cross-team collaboration will also be key to success.
Further, you will also be involved with strategic company initiatives that help shape the team, and prepare for growth and/or changes.
What you’ll do
- Guide the team as a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying technology stack, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices;
- Recruit talented Implementation Managers who can contribute to both Adyen’s and our merchant’s growth;
- Coach and mentor team members to resolve technical issues for Adyen’s merchants and grow their careers;
- Collaborate across an international teams by scheduling and participating in monthly meetings, standardising best practices and developing global alignment as we scale;
- Help define and clearly communicate objectives and key results for the team;
Institute accountability, track team progress and success, and present results to Senior Leadership.
Who you are
- You have 3-5 years of experience managing (technical) teams;
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and able to define robust processes and procedures;
- You have worked in an international organisation or have worked abroad in an English speaking organisation;
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to varied technical requests;
- Payments or Fintech experience is not required, but you must be able to communicate your enthusiasm for the space;
- You can prioritise requests for both internal and external stakeholders;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- This role will be based in Shanghai and you will be working with merchants based in China. We are looking for a fluent Mandarin and Business English speaker to work with our local Mandarin speaking merchants and international colleagues and customers;
- You are open to travel, both domestically and internationally where required.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Something looks off?