Senior Counsel Product Development
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior Counsel Product Development
We are looking for an experienced commercial contracting counsel who is able to shape, draft and negotiate contracts relating to Adyen’s new (financial) products. You will help shape financial products with our product team, liaise closely with our (regulatory) compliance colleagues to translate regulatory requirements into scalable agreements. You will play a key role in the customer roll-out of new products, and assist the commercial teams around the world in their efforts to onboard new customers.
In this role, you will have to aggregate and structure relevant considerations from various teams and disciplines into scalable contractual frameworks. You will also be responsible for identifying legal risks in the conceptual phase of the product-development cycle and mitigating those risks in a balanced way, taking both a legal and practical approach. You will bring the legal perspective in the decision making process as we develop and continuously iterate products.
You will be part of a group of people always looking for opportunities to innovate and do things better. You’re able to find creative solutions to make products work, while maintaining compliance with the regulatory requirements and adequately covering legal risks.
What you’ll do
- Assist product teams in shaping new (financial) products;
- Be a sparring partner for the product, legal, commercial and compliance teams;
- Anticipate and spot key risks - from a practical, legal, compliance and regulatory perspective - and ensure these are addressed in a practical way via the contract or otherwise;
- Draft and continuously improve (financial) product related contracts and terms; and
- Be responsible for the legal part of the roll-out of these products to customers (including conversations and negotiations with customers), in close cooperation with the commercial and product teams.
Who you are
- You are an experienced lawyer with 5-10 years contract drafting experience. Experience within the payment or financial services industry or developing (financial) product terms (e.g. bank accounts and loans) is a plus;
- You have an LLM degree from an EU country or the UK;
- You are able to find practical solutions to make products work and keep a uniform approach across jurisdictions, navigating regulatory requirements and legal risks in the process;
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written);
- You have strong communication skills, and enjoy forging new relationships, allowing you to easily work with everyone within Adyen;
- You are investigative, pragmatic and critical when it comes to product development, balancing a “we-can-do” with a “we-must-do-it-right” mentality; and
- You can turn complex (legal) problems into manageable and understandable pieces to solve together with your non-legal colleagues.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 7 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Something looks off?