Java Software Engineer, Commercial
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in . It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
We are responsible for:
We have built a great payments platform and our Salesforce instance is also evolving at high speed. We are looking for a Software Engineer who understands both worlds and can help us built out the integration between our Adyen platform and Salesforce. With the growing usage of Salesforce among the different commercial teams we see more and more opportunities for developing the connection between this powerful CRM and the rest of the organisation. In this role you will drive the integration to automate operational tasks and scale our business.
You are knowledgeable in the world of Java and major programming languages. You enjoy working with people and creating products that they will use. As such, you have the opportunity to connect engineering and commercial operations, while managing your own product. You have an eye for detail and are not scared to have your voice heard. Our internal users expect proactive communication and constant innovation. Your responsibilities are fundamental to Adyen’s success.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain the connection between salesforce and our Adyen platform and other internal apps
- translate business requirements into scalable solutions
- work on the current instance and iterate based on feedback to continuously improve the application
- You’ll use your critical mindset by exploring the context and knowing the ‘why.’ Your opinion will matter right from the start
Who you are:
- 4+ years of Java Development experience
- You have experience with Core Java, Web Services(RESTful) and SQL/PostgreSQL
- High interest to work with complex, high-performance platform.
- You have experience in creating performant database queries and table structures.
- You enjoy writing testable code and have knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit
- You have a sharp eye for details, like to work precisely.
- The ideal candidate is a team player that is also feeling comfortable to take ownership
- Experience in managing relationships and expectations (internal/external)
- Salesforce Development experience is a plus
- Fluent in English
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Something looks off?