Senior Java Engineer (Affirmative Action for Women's)
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, Dafiti, 99taxis, Rappi and Spotify.
As a Senior Java Developer
What you’ll do
- Work in a platform which process tens of millions payments per day
- Be involved in solutions to provide payments solution to the world's leading companies such as: Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Dafiti, 99Taxis, Rappi and many more
- Integrate to mostly used payment methods in the world, ex.: Visa and Mastercard, but not limiting to those
- Visit (when it's safe) our 24 offices we have spread around the world
- Design, implement, test and monitor new features
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback
- Communicating with stakeholders and merchants and monitoring the impact of new features
Who you are
- 5 year of experience in skilled with Java
- Familiar with complex and high performance platform
- Able to coach and train other developers
- Someone with these skills: eye for detail, taking ownership, flexible and a team player
- Able to communicate in English (we have some programs to sharpen your English skills if needed)
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a hybrid work model and full-time position in São Paulo or São José dos Campos office. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of these areas.
Something looks off?