VP - Food & Beverage Retail Commercial Strategy
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
VP - Food & Beverage Retail Commercial Strategy
As Adyen continues to expand and deepen our product suite, we are looking for strategic senior leaders to drive global commercial strategy for our ambitions amongst Unified Commerce customers. Unified Commerce brands - which are any company with a component of in-person payments in their business - is 26% of Adyen’s net revenue and is growing 67% YoY.
The goal of the Unified Commerce team is to drive strategy to continue this aggressive growth. This team is a global, commercial strategy team that orchestrates the alignment between commercial, product, and operational teams to achieve our commercial ambitions. You will work in partnership with global and regional leadership to see through those ambitions, getting your hands dirty when needed, but ultimately driving scalable strategies that can scale our ambitions across the organization.
The VP of Food & Beverage will oversee the global commercial strategy for all customers and prospects within their vertical category. Food and Beverage brands span verticals such as Restaurants, Bars, Quick Service Restaurants, Delivery Services, and more.
The VP will establish the global strategy for net new business acquisition, growth of existing customers within their focus area, as well as oversee the enablement of new feature adoption across our customer base. You will own bringing our key commercial offerings to market and aligning Adyen’s Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Operational, and Product teams to succeed at our commercial ambitions. Your work will be instrumental in continuing to drive Adyen’s growth and you’ll play a major role in shaping the future of the company and its offering.
What you’ll do
- Own the growth, adoption, and usage of Adyen’s services around the world amongst your focus verticals.
- Shape our go-to-market strategy and positioning for our critical solution areas and communicate this in an actionable way to our global Sales & Account Management organizations.
- Develop and maintain segmentation of our customer portfolio and identify opportunities to expand into new verticals, markets, products, and/or countries. You will provide clear prioritization to ensure we focus on what has the biggest impact.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to build out product-specific and vertical-specific value propositions and identify Adyen’s competitive differentiation in key areas.
- Set a vision on how we train and scale our commercial teams within your focus area - working with our Commercial Academy teams to scale those efforts.
- Lead pricing strategy for your ownership areas and guide commercial teams accordingly.
- Collect feedback on existing products and solutions from our global customer base (and our Sales/Account Management teams) and align with our Product teams on how to best prioritize the development of new solutions.
- Ensure our global commercial teams have access to the relevant commercial resources to be successful.
- Represent Adyen externally as a thought leader in your field in various forums, such as customer engagements and industry events.
- Possibly manage a small group of senior strategic employees to work with you in your overall ambitions in the vertical.
Who you are
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a commercial strategy role in the technology sector, ideally financial technology, with at least several years in a leadership role.
- Past work experience at a Unified Commerce brand is a plus.
- Experience working in a global, multi-cultured, fast-paced, commercial environment.
- Ability to develop credibility with senior executives and build relationships with highly strategic customers and partners.
- Clear understanding of the payments and financial sector, as well as financial technologies.
- A good understanding of what it takes to develop strategy as well as the ability to execute.
- Support commercial teams “on the ground” to drive product enablement and impact.
- Can prioritize and communicate efficiently.
- Enjoy motivating teams globally and bringing energy that inspires.
- Thrive working in a collaborative, empowering environment.
- Ability to travel internationally.
The annual base salary range for this role is $290,000-$350,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Something looks off?