Senior Regulatory Product Counsel
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Senior Regulatory Product Counsel
Adyen is looking for an experienced Regulatory Product Counsel to work alongside our EU/UK product teams to assist them with the launch of new financial and/or payment products, as well as further enhancing existing product offerings.
You will work closely together with the product, legal, compliance, risk and commercial teams around the world. You will be part of a group of people always looking for opportunities to innovate and challenge the status quo. You’re familiar with the regulatory landscape covering financial products, are able to understand the regulatory and legal challenges and find pragmatic solutions, in line with commercial and strategic objectives, which allow for scale.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product teams to understand the commercial and technical needs for the envisioned product proposition;
- Anticipate and spot key regulatory risks and ensure these are addressed in a practical and scalable way;
- Identify opportunities to improve new and existing products and challenge interpretations and market practice;
- Provide concise and practical regulatory advice on financial services law and banking regulations, in line with Adyen’s commercial and strategic objectives which allow for scale;
- Coordinate with external counsel to scope regulatory requirements and validate solutions.
Who you are
- You have experience in providing regulatory advice related to EU/UK financial regulatory laws, either in-house or at a reputable law firm;
- You are able to understand complex product- and regulatory challenges and convert them into structured, practical and actionable solutions;
- You have strong communication skills and have the ability to communicate the solutions you designed to both internal and external stakeholders;
- You have awareness of relevant risks, the ability to determine the impact of these risks and are able to consider these when making decisions with product teams;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing technology driven environment;
- You have an LLM degree from an EU country or the UK.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Something looks off?