Regional Business Controller
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Regional Business Controller, APAC
Adyen is looking for a Regional Business Controller to join the FP&A and Investor Relations Team within Group Finance. Our business controlling team is organized across regions and commercial pillars. As a Business Controller you’ll form the bridge between several stakeholders in the business and our Group Finance team. You’ll support stakeholders in making long-term strategic planning by providing relevant financial support.
This position will represent APAC and report directly to the Global FP&A and Investor Relations lead.
What you’ll do
● Be the Finance Lead in building out our local business control framework for our activities in a.o. China, Japan, India, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
● Be the financial sparring partner to commercial leadership in the APAC region.
● Support and report on relevant developments within the region (e.g. monthly margin performance, risks, commercial opportunities)
● Using macroeconomic, market and competitor analysis to support different levels of the organization (varying from regional leadership to individual account managers)
● Using your local expertise to contribute to our Group Finance processes (e.g. month-end-closes and financial forecasts)
● On an ongoing basis receive inputs for quarterly deep dives on how the region is performing (using both financial and non-financial metrics), which you’ll share with the region as well as a broader group of stakeholders within Group Finance in Amsterdam.
● Support and challenge business cases and projects brought to you by different stakeholders within the region with data requirements and financial insights.
● Contribute to Adyen Group Finance’s OKRs as part of which you’ll work in multidisciplinary teams to achieve priorities set by our Group Finance team.
● With a strong data background, you’ll support the business’ data needs by ensuring that relevant data points are readily available to a broad set of business stakeholders.
Who you are
● You have 6+ years of experience in finance functions or in a similar role, especially working in global teams for multinationals.
● You have a proactive mindset, you’re enthusiastic in taking on new projects, but never afraid to ask for help.
● You have to be able to work independently across cultures and time zones to get your job done.
● You feel comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment, where not all business controlling activities are set in stone, but where you’ll contribute to taking our business controlling activities to the next level.
● You are data savvy, SQL proficiency is a nice-to-have.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3-5 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Something looks off?