Network Automation Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Network Automation Engineer
Adyen is looking for full-time Network Automation Engineers for its Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should have broad experience with network automation, linux systems, programming, and learn on the fly to diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a high availability environment. Your advanced system and network skills will be utilized on various projects and for keeping our in-house developed payments platform in top shape.
What you’ll do
- Automate the deployment of network devices and servers;
- Automate the configuration and inventory management of both our network hardware as well as our network connections;
- You will create and maintain tools to monitor network performance and analyze network irregularities to ensure system availability and reliability;
- Develop new tools to help manage our critical network infrastructure;
- Integrating our network stack with open source tooling to supply our internal customers with self service options.
Who you are
- Technology: You must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: the Linux networking stack, monitoring, network security protocols;
- Experience: Designing and implementing network configurations, monitoring network quality and availability, troubleshooting performance issues;
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Ansible or Puppet;
- Experience with programming in Python (experience with Django is a plus);
- Understanding how a high-availability network is set up, familiarity with the TCP/IP stack and routing protocols such as BGP or OSPF is a big plus;
- Understanding and experience with UNIX-related network services, DNS and DHCP, SNMP, etc.;
- Mentality: You are a team-player who is open to feedback and willing to participate in on-call rotation.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Something looks off?