Linux Security Engineer
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Linux Security Engineer
Adyen is looking for experienced Linux Security Engineers for its Infrastructure & Operations team in Amsterdam. You will be working on a distributed, real-time, 24/7 system with interesting performance and security requirements. In this role you’ll be responsible for building, maintaining and scaling the security focussed part of the infrastructure. As a Linux Security Engineer you'll provide the core components to further improve the security of and the visibility into the platform as a whole.
Who you are?
As a Linux Security Engineer ou are experienced in building, operating and troubleshooting large-scale on-premise infrastructure spanning multiple data centers across the globe. Have a solid understanding of the Linux operating system and feel right at home on the commandline. Security and automation thereof is the only way to go for you and responsibility for the design, development and implementation of threat prevention and detection capability, system hardening and secure configuration across the organisation is where you want to focus your effort. This includes analysis of existing endpoint security capability and system baselines, determining appropriate controls and benchmarks, and the optimisation of existing and creation of new configuration. You will also be responsible for tracking the compliance of systems across Adyen through monitoring and auditing. Findings from this will need to be shared effectively with teams so the attack surface is minimised.
You have experience with most of the below mentioned technologies and concepts, and are willing to learn the others.
- Strong knowledge of Linux system internals
- Experience hardening technology systems
- Working knowledge of threat prevention and detection capability
- Knowledge of hardening & compliance frameworks or guidelines (e.g. NIST, CIS)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across cyber security, infrastructure, and software development teams
- A broad understanding of security concepts; an interest and passion for cyber security
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with containers, private cloud infrastructure, security and APIs
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language, including scripting languages such as Python or Bash
- Experience automating deployments and IaC (e.g. through use of automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet)
- Experience developing and implementing attack surface reduction rules and application control rules
- Experience using the Cyber Kill Chain or Mitre ATT&CK Framework
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.