Containers Infrastructure Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Containers Infrastructure Engineer:
Adyen is looking for Containers Infrastructure Engineers for its Infrastructure & Operations team in Amsterdam. The position involves working on distributed, real-time, 24/7 systems with interesting performance and security requirements.
The primary function will be building and maintaining container native infrastructure solutions such as Consul, Nomad, Vault and Kubernetes.
Who you are:
The person we’re looking for should have a solid Linux background with distributed systems experience. You are familiar with building distributed container based solutions, Linux and container orchestration. You love managing clusters at scale and driving the adoption of the products and solutions you build. You also have strong communication skills.
You probably have experience with some of the below mentioned technologies and concepts, and are willing to learn the others;
- You’re comfortable maintaining onprem Infrastructure.
- Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp ecosystem, Consul, Nomad, Terraform and Vault.
- You leverage GitOps practices on a daily basis.
- Linux, HaProxy, Tomcat, Firewalls, network security protocols, databases, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS, HTTP(s).
- You’re comfortable with some scripting languages, bash, python, etc..
- System configuration and administration, load balancing, horizontal scaling, monitoring, Linux containers ecosystem and understanding of Linux kernel primitives (Namespaces, Linux Cap, cgroups, seccomp, etc), core operating systems including network setup and maintenance, network security and distributed file systems.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Something looks off?